• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

motorola cm200 and antenna questions

unclefish

Sep 11, 2010
old saybrook ct
hello,
I have been trying to make our 2way radio system the best it can be. We currently have about 500 motorola cm200,m1225,sm50 combined. All the new vhf cm200 I have been buying 45watt I buy with it the motorola had4008a antenna kit because it is supposed to be tuned to our freq. most of my freq. for each yard are between 151. to 159. Thats why I was asking about r58 crimps, the kit comes with the mini uhf male crimp style that plugs right into the back of the radios. I was also told not to trim the rg 58 wire it is tuned for that freq?? We have been roof mounting the antenna through the top panal on the school bus. seem to be getting better ground. but lack of tree trimming in most towns have been taking a toll on my antenna whips?
? are the cm200 good radios(or is there something better for application)
? I think some of the mechanics have shortened the cable.is there a easy way to check wire length with out pulling the whole antenna out.
? I need to go back and replace some of the mini uhf connectors.
we do own a Bird 43 and a mfj 269 antenna analyzer. I did try the bird 43 the other day said I had 43 watts going out and 2 comming back, another bus I checked showed 30 watts going out 4 coming back why would it be down on a brand new cm200 45 watt radio???? thanks for help......

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.