• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mowhawk 7A amplifier

Here's a pic of the insides. Before anyone freaks out the internal supply has been bypassed and an external power supply has been built for it. I fired it up today and it didn't do anything so i am going to get ahold of the previous owner and see if he can help me with it. I gave nothing for it as it was simply thrown into the trade deal just for kicks...

That 811A in the back of the amp got cooked. Before you go too much further, you may want to invest in a set of tubes. If the power supply can handle it, 572B's would be even better. :)

~Cheers~

I tried to post a full size pic but the forum only allows so big and it was too large to post.

Make sure you have your digital camera set on jpg....then get a photobucket account...then your pics will be awesome. (y)

Oh well. I figure if some people don't like my pics they don't have to look at them.. I don't care..

Thats a nice amp there get it all fixed up she ought to cook. I have a PAL 321 Amp and i took it over to a shop that knows what there doing and had the check it out. I watched as he tuned it up and it did realy well it craked right on up there. My dad always said that tube amps always sound better than the solidstate ones do. Anyway good looking Amp and I hope you get it up and running. God Bless.

Reactions: 1 person
I also got a Pal 351B amp as well in the deal. It has a relay issue that it keys up as soon as you flip the standby switch to transmit...

Attachments

• 001 (3).JPG
    001 (3).JPG
    143.4 KB · Views: 40
Yep that close to what i have they are good Amps from everthing i read but better yet what seen at the tec shop. He said it had real good tubes it and not to let that Amp get away from me. I have not had it hooked up yet but as soon as i learn what i am doing and how to tune it right I plan on trying it. I you have any pointer's on that let me know. I cant help you with the tec problem wish i could. I know some of the tec stuff but i dont mess with stuff i dont know about or without studying first. I watch my dad do that kind of stuff all the time years ago but i dont recall much of it wish I had taken notes. Hope you get it going soon God Bless.

Shoulda never sold my 321 ah it was a real ugly sucker but did the trick. nice amps people! Some day ill buy another and re do the front and back casing in Acrylic clear plastic and mirror finish where the tubes and transformer sit:)

If it's designed for 811A's, then dropping a pair of 572B's will work well. You won't get much more power than the original 811's, but the 572B's should last forever. At about 1800VDC, they are loafing, if not asleep. ;)

So, uh... where's the bandswitch? :tongue: :whistle:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.