• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mr.S here is my bandwidth curves for the Marconi 7x vs. 4x

Marconi

Honorary Member Silent Key
Oct 23, 2005
Houston
Hey MrS, I modified my Marconi antenna as you suggested, to see what happens with the 3 horizontal radials removed from the antenna. You didn't say, as usual, what you thought would be the results, when asking me what I thought those elements might be doing for the antenna.

When I did the first testing of my 1/4 wave idea, adding radials, I saw a nice increase in field strength on air and using my FS Meter at about 50' feet out and 20' feet high at the tip of the FSM antenna as I added more radials. I attempted to duplicate this idea back in 2009 again, but I was having trouble with my analyzer and failed in the attempt.

Here is what happened as best I can tell. I'll be testing the new M4x over the next few days to try and determine if I can see any difference against the SGM vs. the M7x. And then I'm going to try and test a shortened radiator with a top hat on the Marconi xx, which ever proves to show the best signals. It will be interesting to see what the bandwidth might show on such a setup as I suggest.

What do you think such a setup might show, including performance, match, and bandwidth?

View attachment 4265

View attachment 4266

View attachment Marconi 7x - 4x 030411.pdf

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.