• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mr X legit?

Kellin Cannatella

Jan 12, 2019
Anybody know anything about this guy I think from San Diego. I tried calling but no one spoke English and o response from email. His radios look cool but does he do anything internally? And is it good work? Thanks

Hi Kellin, welcome to the forum!

I've never seen a radio from Mr. X CB Shop in person, but from watching his content on YouTube it looks like he specializes in the
"llamadores" type of mods, which seem to be audio clips, housed in a noise toy box, wired to many switches.

The radios generally feature massive cosmetic modifications and echo + talkback adds to the "sound byte fun" popular south of the border. These usually have some kind of VU meter mod, so the knobs or LED's glow with the audio peaks.

I like hearing these radios roll in when we get some skip conditions between Mexico and Florida..

But you'd have to ask Mr. X. or someone who got a radio from him if he does any kind of power mods, or peak n' tune, I couldn't tell you. I see he really doesn't show the output, usually just demonstrates the sound effects.

But wiring all those soundbytes together then into the radio is going to require some level of internal work, whether he touches any RF sections or not, I couldn't tell you.

Last edited:
This may come as a surprise but most of us do our own work. Those that don't have their reasons. Getting a member to speak up about a given tech can be a minefield. I hope you get your answer.

Depending on what you need done there are many members that can talk you through it, picture and verse.

I aopiligixe if I offended anyone. I’m new and don’t know the unspoken rules ya know. I bought a 98vhp used s few months ago. Not sure who did what but I brought it to my local guy and it did 300 on am on his meter so someone obviously did something to it. I mainly like the cosmetic aspect of mr x. I agree that required a certain level of skills to do what he does but st that same time like leap frog mentioned he doesn’t show or explain any of that part. I would like to have mine painted tho. Know anyone else that does stuff like that?

https://www.gammaraygraphics.com/mobile-radios.html
Sells decals for your radio, in virtually any design you want, even custom made, personal ones.

You can find chrome covers on eBay (but they seem to scratch real easy) or even vinyl wrap the lids of your radio for a custom look, seeing as how you have an Amp attached you'd probably need to cut holes for the amp to mount. (I've never done it)

I've seen the heatsink on one of those 98VHP "Hydro-Dipped" with 3-D skulls + flames, it looked amazing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
I got a faceplate from them for my 48T. Wasn’t as cool as I expected. Was missing the small details and I even sent them a pic of exact one I wanted. The painted amp is what gives it a different look. Anywho speaking of 48T, mine crapped out and I sent it to a guy not gonna mention names (Columbus, Ohio) to be repaired and install some lights and change display colors. Had it like 3 months and said he couldn’t figure it out, sent it back and EVERY pot was reinstalled upside down Ya just never know who’s who on the internet. Thought about sending it to Lester but figured he’d have s long wait list. I don’t know what I’m gonna do with it yet

You didn't offend anyone. I just come across as a dick without even trying. The apology is mine.

Being “on air” possibly a natural fit for us who ain’t quite “in person” with the same satisfaction obtained.

In other words, the “means” equally as interesting as the “ends” . . . . transmission quality over content quantity.

With a Mr X type rig, that noise toy set-up is a further set of riffs off of “means”. But what’s being communicated is more problematic.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.