• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

MRF 477

tvrc18

May 1, 2011
I found a place that has the mrf477 for a decent price. I think it was less than $40 shipped and is the real deal not a cheap Asian made part. I bought one just in case and they are getting rare and real expensive. The place is called Mobile radio store and you can order online. There is a few on Ebay once in a while but they are normally $60 or more and you don't know what your getting.

I found a place that has the mrf477 for a decent price. I think it was less than $40 shipped and is the real deal not a cheap Asian made part. I bought one just in case and they are getting rare and real expensive. The place is called Mobile radio store and you can order online. There is a few on Ebay once in a while but they are normally $60 or more and you don't know what your getting.

The MRF477s are as worthless as tits on a bull. The only radio I know that uses them are President Jacksons and they aren't worth fixing.

yea that Eleflow is a good replacement. just a little less power. I guess some people don't know what radio's use these besides a Jackson.

I think it would be smarter to get some MRF 455's they are cheap readily available and that is what the final models of the President Lincoln went to. You can mount some of perf board and do the mod easily. You end up with better inter mod number's, more power if you do the entire mod properly.

On am my Lincoln which shiped fromt he fator with the MRF455 swings to 65 watts. I have no idea what she does on SSB I just know that if I can hear someone on AM or SSB I can generally talk to them no problem. I always get great reports on how the unit sounds other then my audio being not as loud as most AM units but that is a given with these!

Yupp certain Uniden radios were the only radios I know of that ran the MRF-477 I know thats what my HR2510 rigs run.

The MRF477s are as worthless as tits on a bull. The only radio I know that uses them are President Jacksons and they aren't worth fixing.

i think half of europe might disagree with you on that one, the jackson was very popular here, where AM died two decades ago. not many exports will better it on ssb.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.