• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Murs an FT2800M ?'s

Cat Driver

Feb 2, 2007
Lake of The Ozarks
1. Can I use my Diamond X200A 2/440 meter antenna for the murs freqs safely without hurting the radio?

2. I did the solder pad extended TX mod to my 2800, will I be able to transmit on the murs channels by doing this, or is there something else I have to do also?. I have reset the radio per mod instructions also. I didn't have any info programmed into it to lose since it is brand new.

New at this, an just got the radio an antenna. Waiting on my LMR400 ultraflex coax an then I'll be ready to go I hope...:p

Ron
ol'fart

I don't see why not.

Have you checked the SWR's for MURS.

I use my dual bander Comet GP-9 for MURS as well as GMRS-FRS without any SWR issues

Will your mod work? Well it's supposed to ain't it? Just go out of band and key the mic. You'll either see power going out on the meter, or you won't.

Then test your antenna with a VHF rated SWR meter and see what ya got up on MURS. Most 2 meter-tuned mobile antennas won't be that broadbanded and you'll have some SWR on MURS. The decent little MFJ VHF Antenna Tuner, MFJ 921, is small and does a great job of extending the range of 2 meter mobile antennas. Bases too for that matter.

Good luck

interview.gif

I use Comet for my dual bander ( the GP-9 )
His equivalent would be the GP-3

I have a friend using that exact antenna
Even though it is a dual bander designed mostly for 2 meters and 440 it works great on MURS as well as GMRS-FRS with decent swr's of 1.6 - 1.8

Most dual banded base antennas work fine on MURS and GMRS-FRS

Got my coax today an have the antenna ready to put up, but this damn cold front that has come thru is gonna delay my plans for a few days until it at least gets back up in the 30's....

Ron

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.