• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

MURS HT antenna

Jul 26, 2013
ALright, i have been looking around and all of the Diamond antennas and such from what i have seen have unusable SWR's on the MURS freq's. I have a baofeng uv-5r and would like to upgrade the antenna. I would like to use it to comonucite from an ultralight, to the ground. To me either by buying another handheld and putting up a Jpole for the house, setting up a mobile antenna on my jeep, and being able to use just the HT.

I really only want the need to buy another HT since i aleady have one, that way i can keep one on the plane, and one for handheld,car,house use and all i would have to do is swap antennas.

So is there anyone that makes a better antenna that will be compatable with my baofeng on the murs?

Or do you think i would be better off going with the GMRS route, and finding a better antenna for the HT's on that band?

You can also get one of the dual band extended gain antennas that is a long stiff-flexible wire radiator types and cut it down .... but will need an Antenna Analyzer to check your trimming work. I'd snip only 1/8 to no more than 1/4" at a time.

I plan on doing this with one I have to make good resonance on one of these type antennas to make usable on a 154mhz business freq. my workplace uses.

Good luck

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated