1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

My 17 year old CB story

Discussion in 'General CB Services Discussion' started by TheRATT, Nov 5, 2018.

1. TheRATT

TheRATT Monitoring the frequency.

2. Blackcat630

Blackcat630 Sr. Member

Thank you for sharing a story made up of two of my favorite things... CB and F bodys

TheRATT likes this.
  3. Holydvr

Holydvr New Member

Thanks for sharing! I am a newbie here, but I have been into radio awhile. I used to be on CBTricks forum back in the day.. I can only wish I had stories such as this, or should I say even one! My best story is the day I found an oddball Realistic CB, AM only, at a thrift store back in the day.. Probably 1993 or so? Wish I could remember.. I was talking it up on the way back from Barstow to Baker, Commiefornia where I lived at the time.. I happened to hook up in convo with a Vons (If I remember correctly, or it was Lucky's?) driver named "Dirty Ernie".. My Mother quickly told me to give her the mic, as she was in the drivers seat next to me.. Turns out this was the same guy who used to drive trucks back when I was a wee lad, and used to stop in the house from time to time to have coffee with my parents.. The cool thing was that on that day I got to see my Mother talk like she did on the CB in the 70's and 80's.. I shall never forget it! I heard over the coming years that Ernie had retired due to cancer, though I did catch him a time or two after that initial day, and that he eventually passed on. Here is to you, Ernie!

codeman, TheRATT, 357magnum and 2 others like this.
  4. Rwb

Rwb Well-Known Member

welcome,im not been here long either but i like those storys from our past.memorys are great revived

Holydvr, TheRATT and 357magnum like this.
  5. TheRATT

Don't be shy, folks! Give us some good reading!

Rwb likes this.
  6. TheRATT

fullsizeoutput_9f22.jpeg fullsizeoutput_9f62.jpeg Rally Sport.jpg Z-28 Rear (1).jpg fullsizeoutput_a543.jpeg The yellow and black 1975 is my first Camaro and the Z/28 my 2nd. My buddy and I are shooting skip with our 148s and K40s. Great morning in Seattle back in 1998 or so.

codeman, Rwb and Blackcat630 like this.
  7. Holydvr

Holydvr New Member

148 is my favorite radio! I have wayyy too many of them! Haha

Rwb likes this.
  8. TheRATT

I don't have nearly enough! If you want to do a good deed for the Seattle CB Revival, sell me one!! hahahah

Rock on, Holydvr!!!

Rwb likes this.
  9. Holydvr

Holydvr New Member

I have a few I could move! lol

Rwb likes this.
  10. TheRATT

Well let's deal! I only require one that runs, nothing special! I can do send payments through PayPal, Cash app or Venmo! PM me if you're interested!!

Rwb likes this.