• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

my antenna and station pics

airplane1

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Apr 15, 2005
Lebanon county PA

Attachments

• board-auth g.jpg
    board-auth g.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 300
  • board-auth m.jpg
    board-auth m.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 291
  • board-auth b.jpg
    board-auth b.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 274
Last edited:

Thanks guys, the antenna is a Maco 5/8 and the tower is 30ft + 6ft of mast to get the 5/8th to 36ft at feed point.

It is free standing as of now but there calling for very high wind advisory today and tonight so I prob will not sleep to well. I am going to bracket it to the garage at 14ft and then put one more section up to get it at 46ft to feed point.

I have a PDL-2 to try so I am glad I made a tilt base, It only took two of us to push it up and one guy putting a 10ft post on the steps of the tower to hold it as we repositioned to push each time.

here is a few pics of my home made tilt base for the tower, I got the leveling plate idea from traffic light poles as I was sitting at a stop light one vday and seen how they are setup.

Attachments

• board-auth n.jpg
    board-auth n.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 210
  • board-auth.jpg
    board-auth.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 229
Thanks for the info...mine is also a 30ft tower. I have considered taking down all the junk and replacing it with a 5/8 of some sort...As it is now, there is a M104c with an A99 atop it. I can't do the tower crawl and mine doesn't tilt so I'll have to hire a tower monkey :D.

CopyofAntenna3.jpg

Nice Peddler, I think that your antenna setup is great. I think of the same idea many many times in my head. I was going to put a maco 103 beam up with a imax 2000 above.

How does that setup work?

Works fairly well...The 104 is at 39 ft and the A99 base is at 43 ft. The rotor is not big enough. The pipe is about 22 ft 1 1/2 id (1 5/8 od) sch 40 black pipe and heavy but it doesn't bend. I was thinking about a simpler setup with less maintenance.

Thanks
Jim

Thank you 7732granitestate,

I wanted a simple design but strong and believe me it is and was so cheap to build too.

Got most of the pieces from scrap they were thowing away here at work.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.