• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

My antenna rebuild

Very nice job, roadrage! You did a great job of bringing that old antenna back to life. The matching ring looks funky to me only because I've never seen one mounted that way. Seems to be working just fine, so I'd nail it down and call it done! Have fun with it. :)

And seeing all those nice, tall trees around you, they are screaming "dipole". Make one, hang one, talk. They are cheap and it will make a fun ext project for you. But then you need more coax and a switch. :LOL: It is never ending, my friend!
RT307

Very nice job, roadrage! You did a great job of bringing that old antenna back to life. The matching ring looks funky to me only because I've never seen one mounted that way. Seems to be working just fine, so I'd nail it down and call it done! Have fun with it. :)

And seeing all those nice, tall trees around you, they are screaming "dipole". Make one, hang one, talk. They are cheap and it will make a fun ext project for you. But then you need more coax and a switch. :LOL: It is never ending, my friend!
RT307

I've got one on the agenda. When I was on a job a few weeks ago, a guy gave me a bunch of romex wire. The solid copper wire should do well. I have a bunch of parts radios that I can pull an so239 connector.
I wanted to build a horizontal dipole with some 1/2" copper pipe that I had left over from rebuilding my house. But I had to cut one of my pieces for a replacement ground radial for this .64 wave I just rebuilt. So that is no longer happening.

LQQKS GOOD Roadrage ! good to see your into the rebuild & homebrew you will get alot of satisfaction & pride in how easy & cheep its is compared to just buying your antennas . Please be carefull around the hydro stack & live wires around you ! later Bob "Cordova Lucky 13" T.S.1420

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.