• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

My base station pics..

ExitThirteen

Grumpy and Cranky
Apr 18, 2008
Cornpatch of Iowa
Picture074.jpg

Picture070.jpg

Picture075.jpg

That's my base station setup, nothing real fancy, but it gets the job done. The antenna is an old Hy-gain Penetrator 500 that my grandfather used back in the 70's, still works great! I run RG-213U coax to the antenna.

The D104 in the picture I bought at a garage sale for 5 dollars is an all-original 1969 issue (that's what it says on the inside sticker) with the original crystal element in the head.

The Pace Sidetalk 1000B base I purchased recently from a friend, goes up to 27.605 (and slides -10kc+ to get the channels that a standard 23 channel cannot get) plus the blank on the channel selector works as a channel also (27.235/channel 24). It's a nice clean vintage unit that works well, and I have done all the work on it myself. That is the radio I talk on most of the time.

The President Washington is a 1979 issue (uPD858 board) and the Uniden Pro 810e is an Ebay special (60 dollars).

Mobile pics coming soon!

-Exit

That frequency counter is an old Heathkit I got in on a trade about 3 years ago, 8 digit. It's extremely sensitive, I use it when doing alignments on CB's...just attach an alligator clip to the test probe and you're good to go. To get it to read the frequency in the picture, I just laid the test probe behind the power supply, and keyed the radio up. Worked great.

I forgot the mention that I do have a Bird 43A wattmeter there too.

I gotta get busy and take pics of the mobile setup.

-Exit

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Tim Chambers:
    Pres. Bill 2 FCC mod just posted
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut: