• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

My First CB Base/Mobile Antenna

My first radio was a Lafayette Telsat 1023 base. I still have it. With a Firebird 303 tube amp and a Channel Master Antenna. Looked just like a Starduster. I was 11 and the year was 1974. Me and 231 must be about the same age. Oh I almost forgot the Polecat Antenna. Had it up a short time before the Channel Master but changed it out. Man I thought I was the somthing with that little rig.

Mobile came first a 23 channel Lafayette don't remember model cheapest model they had volume squelch channel knobs no extras two 102" whips on the outside of the rear bumper dually pickup so wide enough I guess RS co phased coax harness swr like what was that.

Base was a Montgomery Wards base 23 channel no side band with a Star Duster on a 60' RS push up pole which didn't last to long wind damage then went up an Astro Plane still around but with a lot of rust wonder if it will still work.
:)

first base radio was a uniden pro510 with a 102sswhipw/spring
mount on a mirrior mount bracket then on to a 5ft piece of pipe
talked locally great no dx didnt even know what it was then
first moible was a uniden pro510 with a 3ft radioshack antenna
which eventually the radio ended up in the house with a better antenna

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.