• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

my mobile set up

Feb 4, 2012
get better pics in a few days
2012-02-04_19-25-25_856.jpg

Looks like either a Galaxy 94VHP or a 95T2 with a Texas Star 400 or 500 to me.
Can't figger' out what brand of bungee cord - tho . . .

Those are found at your better truck stops and higher end auto parts dealers.

Like to see he has the amp mounted in it's proper position.

A little too much drive for that Texas Star.
I agree, that is a lot of radio to run into the 500, a dual final radio is just fine.
I would keep the dead key down on low, and I would even turn the Mic gain down, that radio is a monster already, 8 Mosfets...
The 500 is happy with about a 125/150 watt dead key out of the amp and let it go from there.
A TnT 1500 will run well with that radio, or a Texas star sweet sixteen

Can the TS faceplate be turned upside down?
No, the switches are mounted on the board so it will only fit one way.

That is about it if you want it on top of the radio, and if you try to mount it below it will interfere with the heat sink for the radio.

Jeff

ok you really need to disable the 'internal' amp on that radio. You should only need to clip or disconnect one wire, iirc there is a thin wire running from the main board to the amp board, that is the one you need to mess with. you could also put that on a switch so you could run the radio barefoot or balls out. That radio SHOULD have a pair of IRF520 finals which would give you between 25 and 50 watts out on their own. That would be perfect for driving your texas star

BUT if you keep running the radio like that your Texas Star is going to die, there is NO way around it.

I did this same modification for a guy with a Galaxy Saturn Turbo, but for a different reason. He did not want to run the Saturn's amp if he did not need it.

if you can get some good pictures of the inside I could tell you how to do the modification for sure (for that matter I would do the mod for you for free if you are a local)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.