• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

My Mobile Setup

kd3yt

Feb 15, 2008
Here is my mobile setup:

My truck with 102" whip on left rear bumper

Uniden HR2600 (Doc tuned and chipswitched)

Attachments

• Truck.jpg
    Truck.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 316
  • Radio.jpg
    Radio.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 339

Nice setup, I bet you get great reports on SSB!! That radio looks massive in your truck for some reason, Might just be the angel

you have a good setup, but your antenna is mounted wrong. you should never mount your 102in whip on the bumper.... reason being your gonna get radiation and its too low. if i was you i would either get a bed toolbox and mount it there or mount it in the bed of the pic up. be sure to ground your antenna as well it makes a difference.

The only difference I would have made would be to mount the antenna on the passenger side for more signal going towards the oncoming traffic for road info. But all around this is a nice setup. Clean looking install also.

People ran wips on the bumper for decades.. it will be fine.

.But as for that HR2600..now thats a bad ass radio and sure is a talker..if you are an 11m guy, get an astatic m6b on that bad boy and it will scream.. i ran that radio from around 1992 to 2005. Best AM talking radio i ever owned..

I have known several folks through out the years that either run or have run your set up and same antenna placement and they all got out very well

Good rig !! Should serve you very well (y)

great radio,the chip switch is great...i had 1 hr2600 and a Lincon...kick myself for getting ride of them...73s de JW Late note,i have a 102 inch whip also and rci2950wx and palomar ham 10 series 10 300 4 8950s,i never foget to turn it of or i wont have batteries in the morning...hehe see ya

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.