• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

my new president in the mobile

radio carries the UPD2824 , can be modded for more channels if the chip is changed or a expo type board is used (otherwise you can forget it ) , the radio is very simalar to many other radios , sames as the Uniden PC 244 . Uniden PC-122 , Cobra 146GTL , TRC-465 , AR-144 , PRO-640e , and a hand full of others , these radios in my parts were always known for there loud sounding audio qualities on AM and all worked very well on SSB , I think they are much better receiving radios on the SSB side of things. The other good side of many of these radios was that they added mic gains to them , many of the radios DID NOT have mic gains on them .......Why ? I'll never know. All in all , all are decent radios usually picked up on Ebay for about 40 to 50 shipped , compared to what you can get for that new , (and that aint much) these radios are a steal at those prices !!

i dont plan on channeling the 144. so far I have had great reports with it. I am loving the nb/anl on it and the rx is great, not overly sensitive like a lot of new exports, but seems like it picks up more of the guy on the other end than all the hash and trash.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.