• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

my new radio at the shop

BammBamm

Instigators ...173 on the southside.
May 24, 2010
Steger,Illinois
I was given this radio from a family member and couldn't stand the wood grain so I went to a dollar store and found some contact paper. Took radio case off, cleaned with alcohol and carefully wrapped with contact paper for a whole new look. The radio had just come back from the shop and DK 5 watts swinging to about 19 on AM and about 7 watts DK swinging to about 30 on SSB. The Turner mic really helps to get the modulation up also. Just thought I would share the tip/thought for others. It's a Sears road talker SSB base. It's a tank! I would put picks but can't seem to get a 640x640 pic?:confused::mad:

I was given this radio from a family member and couldn't stand the wood grain so I went to a dollar store and found some contact paper. Took radio case off, cleaned with alcohol and carefully wrapped with contact paper for a whole new look. The radio had just come back from the shop and DK 5 watts swinging to about 19 on AM and about 7 watts DK swinging to about 30 on SSB. The Turner mic really helps to get the modulation up also. Just thought I would share the tip/thought for others. It's a Sears road talker SSB base. It's a tank! I would put picks but can't seem to get a 640x640 pic?:confused::mad:

You might take it to a different shop if it cameback with a carrier on SSB.:confused:

I must be using too much of that medical salad that Booty uses. I meant to put 30 watts on SSB It was about 3.5 swinging to 7 on AM before going to the shop and was supposedly peaked but that was back in like 1980's according to my uncle who gave it to me. And yeah beauty is skin deep but it looks more modern on my desk now. I am going to pair it to my base amp at my shop and put my Galaxy base in my house with some new base amp when I figure out what I want. I can't decide on what base amp to go with as I only want like 200 watts and can't seem to find many base amps under like 400 watts and I'm not really wanting to add another 12 volt power supply to run a mobile amp and my Pyramid PS-8kx is too small to run a amp on. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• Road talker.JPG
    Road talker.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 510

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Tim Chambers:
    Pres. Bill 2 FCC mod just posted
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut: