• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

My new Radio Kris XL-50

70cst

Dec 4, 2009
I just picked this up for $35. I think it looks pretty cool for an older CB Radio. This will go into my 70 Chevy Pick Up

KrisXL50.jpg

Very nice, and a rare radio, that is a good score for 35 bucks!
Looks good on the face, the switches look in good shape as well.
I like the dimmer for the meters and also the hi/low for the channel display.
Reminds me of the Royce Base radios with the three meters.

Let me dig around, but at one time there was a company in Austria that ( get this) made a SSB And FM module for these radios.
It was not cheap but how cool to own a early 40 channel AM radio with added SSB?

Great Buy!

Jeff

Reactions: Rwb
I have seen this radio posted in the past and I thought this was a really cool looking radio. I have been looking for a neat radio to match up to the Courier Amp shown below. I think the two together will have a WOW factor when showing my truck.

CourierML-100MobileTube.jpg

In earlier posts you mentioned wanting something that was period-correct for the truck. Did you change your mind?

Great find though!

In earlier posts you mentioned wanting something that was period-correct for the truck. Did you change your mind?

Great find though!

Yep...I thought I was limiting myself to sticking with early 70's-80's model years. Most people at a car/truck show would't know a 1970 radio from a 1990 radio. When I saw this radio it just at a "cool" factor most radio don't have. It may not be the best TX or RX ...but it is respectable. Good memory Atlasta (y)

Reactions: Rwb and Slim
Not only is this a great looking radio, it's a super performer. Coupled with the Courier amp, this is an excellent setup. What antenna are you gonna run ???

I found an NOS Avanti Hippo. This will be usded as a mirror mount.

AvantiHippo48.jpg

nice radio.as for period items id buy a new yes new pair of mini hustlers. they sill build them at hustler lotta antennas for so small.think my first pair i bought in like 77 or 78. nice find i must say

nice radio.as for period items id buy a new yes new pair of mini hustlers. they sill build them at hustler lotta antennas for so small.think my first pair i bought in like 77 or 78. nice find i must say
Thanks

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.