• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

My new Stryker 955 from Bobs my thoughts....

Yeah me too. After many tries with windows 7, I dug up my old laptop with Vista op sys, and even though the usb cable software said it installed correctly, it didn't. Very frustrating to say the least.:bdh:

stryker software

Here is what we do for Win 7 64.

If you have tried to install any prolific drivers or software remove it before going further. Do not plug the cable into the USB port before installing the anytone software.

Get an anytone AT-5555 programming cable that fits inside the anytone radio.

Download and install the AT-5555 program software (any version) which will also install the drivers for the cable. Check the program installation in the side bar as the cre 8900 software requires you to install the drivers yourself. They are there in a menu just need to be installed.

Then plug in the cable and make sure you can see it in devices and take note of the port number it is using. If it is not visible in your printer and other devices it is not installed. It will show prolific USB to serial something or other.

Now install the strykker software and bring it up.

Then take off the stryker lid with the speaker in it. Find the grey wire that runs from a white plug in the front of the main board to the rear, near where the power cable comes in. Remove the wire from the plug at the front and plug in the anytone cable. It fits.

The anytone cable is now plugged into the computer and the radio.
You can see the prolific usb to serial adapter in devices and printers and it will show a com port for it.

Turn the radio on now. It will turn on normally.

Go to the stryker program under communication and make sure the port that the stryker has; is the same as the one the computer has. Strykker program seems to do this automatically but always check.

Next step is to download the whatever is in the radio and save it. This is a good test of the communication. If it does this OK you are fine..you will be able to fiddle about with the roger beep and change frequencies to your hearts content.

Turn the radio on and off once the program has finished its task to get out of the PC mode on the radio. I am pretty sure if you lost power during the upload process to the radio it would be serious. Download maybe not.

Try to remember which USB port in the computer you used and always use the same one in the future.

Good luck.

Try driver here (Products). My computer is running windows 7, cable problems have arisen. And different cables from different radio stations operate on this driver, driver version, in my case PL2303_Prolific_DriverInstaller_v1_8_0.

It's just the way the computer recognizes the device. But yes, the radio is not using the same circuitry as a lot of the exports use. It is a different animal, and more thought was put into its design, while still haveing the layout, and extra functions available to appeal to the CB / Export market.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.