• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

My newest contraption ....

144inBama

Apr 22, 2020
Lower Alabama
I'm almost finished with my newest contraption, just waiting on the 200 amp relay. As you can see, it displays VDC (on top) and Current (on bottom). The idea is that this will be sitting in the console with the radio, there will be a 200 amp relay wired in on the supply line for the amp as it comes through the firewall, the toggle switch will control it. I'll be reading voltage and current on the load side of the amp fuse. The reason for the relay is added protection of the amp. Even with a "remote switch" and it switched "off", there is still voltage present on the transistors at all times, this will effectively disconnect the amp from the power source entirely. Also, the amp is under the backseat of my truck so if anything happened, I would not be able to immediately turn it off, this allows me to do just that. I'll have roughly 40-50 dollars tied up in this project when finished. Some may call it overkill or a waste of time/material.....I'm cool with that, I've wasted more on less usable things..LOL

Attachments

• 20210308_160348.jpg
    20210308_160348.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 34

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.