• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

my radio is here

I am going to make this one for my next 2 meter antenna....but they can be figured for almost any band if you can get enough copper pipe :D

Super J-Pole

and here is a regular jpole

J POLE ANTENNA DESIGN CALCULATOR by K4ABT

I built the Super J-Pole several years ago and it worked quite well. Then I replaced it with the 11 element yagi and never looked back. :D

I used 3/4 inch copper pipe for the bottom section and 1/2 inch for the top section. I used a piece of 1 inch diameter plexiglass rod for the insulator turned down to fit the 3/4 pipe on BOTH ends. I used a 3/4-1/2 inch adapter at the top to mate with the 1/2 inch pipe. I felt that with the larger size it would be stronger and it was going to be at the top of the 40 foot tower. For the phasing stub I used 3/16 copper tubing that I found somewhere around the house left from another project.

I've made em from copper and from tv twin lead, and the last one from latter line, and put it inside 1" pvc.They all worked well. I even once built a 2 meter tape measure beam that worked very well. The hams of old would laugh their butts off at the current generations love for buying everything premade. lol

my ft-2900r is finaly here. :D. seems to rx great. cant wait to talk on it.

Congrats Countryboy, I hope you get your Tech license soon & get on the air. I got my new rigs yesterday too but can't figure out how to install my antenna yet.:confused:

kb9nha-albums-kb9nha-s-new-rigs-picture1808-my-new-rigs-table.jpg

good luck with getting your antennas up. thanks for all the help.

i got pricing all the supplys i would need for the j pole antenna and it was not that much more to just go to r&l and buy a diomond

CP22E $46.95
Buy CP22E
2m 5/8 WAVE 6.5dB 9'
The CP22E is a high-gain monoband antenna made from heavy-duty aluminum
construction, at a price your pocket book will like! Rated at 6.5dB gain, the CP22E is an excellent performer, easy to install and would be your best value in an aluminum 2 meter antenna.

Special Features:
Heavy-duty aluminum antenna sections
Encapsulated matching network for weather protection
Stainless steel mounting hardware and radials
Factory tuned, no adjustments required

Specifications:

Frequency: 144-148 MHz
Gain: 6.5dB
Power: 200 watts
Connector: UHF
Length: 8.9'
Wind Rating: 70 mph
Element Phasing: 2-5/8l
seems to rx fine cant wait to talk on it....:laugh:(y)(y)

countryboy,
Sometimes you're right, it's just as frugal to buy as to build, if you don't have what's required at hand. It's never as satisfying though. But, hey, for that first antenna who cares, right?
- 'Doc

I have been looking at the Diamond F23h
and I have the arrow osj 146/440 on the way should be here today, it will be the one to drag with me camping and such, if I ever have time to ....

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.