• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

My Setup

Updated the Mic.........
100_1863.jpg

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Hi Robb

Well I'm always mixing things up, in the pix, a little old, thats a Blue Spark mic, great sounding, tight lowend and airy highs

Well.... This is what I run.......as of now....lol

In this order in the audio chain

Mic- MXL V69 with an upgraded tube-nos Amperex Bugle Boy12AU7 , I mix it up with a Blue Spark mic at times, both sound awesome but the v69 has a more of a warmer rich sound which I love.

Pre Amp- Electro Harmonix 12ay7 with upgraded tubes, nos Mullard 12at7,Rca 12au7 black plates.

Exciter- BBE 882i I love this thing and what it does..lol

Eq- Speck ASC 4 band parametric eq, Transparent, No color no mojo, surgical, precise.

Compressor- DBX 166xs

Effects- Behringer dsp 2024p ads airyness.

Radio- Old school Modded 148gtl

Using balanced xlr cable throughout the chain.

Last edited:
Most of that gear is some fairly high-end stuff. Especially for CB radio. Wonder if anyone on this forum knows what a BBE process is and what it does - for that matter.

The tube mic uses a real tube that gets real voltage to operate as they did decades ago (I have/use the same one BTW). So does the Electro/Harmonix tube preamp. The EQ is 'Top Drawer' too - wow! The Pro VLA II is a decent compressor. Some have said it is ". . .most ridiculously underpriced and overperforming pieces of gear - ever". Never used one; but if it uses opto-compressor circuitry - then it can't be bad. Not a bad job - at all!

My only question is: "why haven't you got a ham rig or a license yet"?

Short subject change...

What's that 4040 dude from Florida use?

I hear him on 38L all the time. He sounds pretty good. I only run stock stuff, as I am not interested in HiFi audio, but I do like the sound as long as it ain't parked a few kc from me on a crowded band.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated