• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Name this radio?????

biggafigga

May 15, 2009
I say it looks like a connex but owner has no clue. Its not a 3300 because the mic comes from the side. Let me know what you guys think??

Attachments

• !BT)dS5gBWk~$(KGrHgoH-CYEjlLlq68ZBKKL)7uoC!~~_12.jpg
    !BT)dS5gBWk~$(KGrHgoH-CYEjlLlq68ZBKKL)7uoC!~~_12.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 117

You can take the faceplate off of any radio and replace the faceplate with a new one bearing a different trademark or none at all. Need to look at the PC board to see what brand it is.

Thanks for all the help I won this and an old Cobra 31 plus for 70.00 bones. So we say it is a Superstar 360FM?

I think you guys nailed it here is the pic i found of the 360FM

Attachments

• ss-360.jpg
    ss-360.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 61
Radio is almost definately a superstar 360fm,most probably with a uniden pb010 aa or pb010ab board in it,could also be uniden pc879 aa or pc879ab boarded too.if you show a pic of the rear i can tell you which.

its a european export radio imported into europe by president electronics europe,if its a pb010 variant it is a very good export radio,one of the best,especially if unmodified,it is exactly the same as the cobra 148 gtl dx mk 1 if pc879 or mk2 if pb010.the pc879 versions are good too but not as good as the pb010 board from which ranger copied to make the ept3600 series and nearly every other export chassis is a direct rip off from.years ahead of its time and a testament to the quality of uniden engineers.

Radio is almost definately a superstar 360fm,most probably with a uniden pb010 aa or pb010ab board in it,could also be uniden pc879 aa or pc879ab boarded too.if you show a pic of the rear i can tell you which.

its a european export radio imported into europe by president electronics europe,if its a pb010 variant it is a very good export radio,one of the best,especially if unmodified,it is exactly the same as the cobra 148 gtl dx mk 1 if pc879 or mk2 if pb010.the pc879 versions are good too but not as good as the pb010 board from which ranger copied to make the ept3600 series and nearly every other export chassis is a direct rip off from.years ahead of its time and a testament to the quality of uniden engineers.

Here is the pic of the back of the radio. And yes it is a 360 fm it is wrote under the channel knob. I received it today and it has no TX or RX so its needs some work. I have a tech here local so I still feel ok about this transaction. Let me know> Thanks and have a good one.

Attachments

• !BT)dVQQBWk~$(KGrHgoOKkEEjlLm(0GPBKKLybOGZg~~_12.jpg
    !BT)dVQQBWk~$(KGrHgoOKkEEjlLm(0GPBKKLybOGZg~~_12.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 29
Here is the pic of the back of the radio. And yes it is a 360 fm it is wrote under the channel knob. I received it today and it has no TX or RX so its needs some work. I have a tech here local so I still feel ok about this transaction. Let me know> Thanks and have a good one.

Hi mate,

the radio is the mk2 version,either pb010aa or pb010ab board,the spacing between the final and driver tell you that,on a mk1 they are much closer together.the tell tale difference between the ss360 fm and the cobra 148 gtl dx at a distance is the black line around the channel selector and channel display on the 360 fm and the placement of the name,the cobra being above the row of switches and the 360 fm being below the channel selector.there is also another less common variant too.but all are the same radio.

the no tx/rx could be down to many things and best investigated by a good tech,cbtricks has the service manual for that radio listed under cobra 148 gtl dx(late version).

The radio you have is one of the very best export radios ever made and well worth repairing,if it hasn't been modded i suggest you keep it original as original specimens are fading fast even here in uk/europe where they were very common,most have been butchered by wannabe techs putting eproms in too give uk40 fm or more bands whilst at the same destroying what was a classic radio,if only they had put that board in the cobra 2000 gtl and sold it as an export,what a radio it would have been.:headbang:headbang:headbang

It tells you what it is right under the channel selector knob.

Yep. But When i asked that question I was bidding on the item and the owner had no clue. So I couldnt see the pic well enough to see what it was. Thanks and you guys be good 73's

Texas Rebel 1749 Jeff North Central Tx Qsx

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.