• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

need ge 3-5804d cybernet mods

jef

Mar 3, 2013
Dug this radio out of my box and would like to get a little more tx out of it,put a 1307 final in but it is still weak.Have a realistic preamplified power mic on it already.Need to have more pep forward anyone familiar with this chassis and how do i polish this turd.thanks

Last edited:

If I remeber correctly this is the same board as the Midland 77-882, I wouldn't waste the 1307....

But if you must, remove Q15 and RV2, R59 should be 1K, R58 should be 27-33K, and C81 should be a .022uf. you can try changing C94 to a 470uf or 680uf cap. These radios don't have a mic preamp circuit like most other radios so you need to turn the microphone up a bit more.

When tuning the output use a dummy load, modulate the carrier and tune for max RMS output. With a 1306 it is normal to have 4 watts swinging to 6 or 7 RMS and about 13 watts peak. I'm not sure what a 1307 will do.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.