• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

need help connex3300hp-zx

pimphand442

Jun 11, 2011
Cannot find any working mods for this radio I seen others on YouTube swinging to 50 Watts all I can get it to do is turn power down I go 10 Watts swing to 12 if I turn it up any past 13 it swings backwards any videos of mods for this radio? Please help thanks

I'm no radio guru but theres probably more to it than just turning a couple pots. You should probably have an o-scope at minimum to make sure you're not overmodulating. Do you have the service manual? Thats a good place to start.

Reactions: 1 person
you did not say if this is a used or new radio or if it just started doing this. could be a final going out if it just started doing this or some other problem.
if new did it come out of the box this way

used radio i bought it this way replaced finals and driver just hardley no swing thnks for all info

do you know how to align the radio. someone may have gone inside and twisted vr's that control out put. the radio may have a problem and needs to be repaired before you try to do any swing mods or you will have more problems.

yes can align i have scopes and freqs i am just stumped here i pulled one side of r238 and soldered a diod inline and cant get the dk to move but it will swing from 0 to 45 watts

did you lift the right leg of R238 and put the banded end of the diode in the hole you pulled the resister from?
then soldered the diode and resister together.

yes thats exactley what i did but it looses the dk completely i appreciate all u help it has me stumped tr32 is also removed but even if i put it back in theres no dk iv done my general lee same way it works fine dk 4 on low swings to 50 on high dk 10 swing to 50 but this connex is a 3300hp-zx and cant find any info but for 3300hp only but dont see any diference other than dual echo knobs and abcdef selecter

yes thats exactley what i did but it looses the dk completely i appreciate all u help it has me stumped tr32 is also removed but even if i put it back in theres no dk iv done my general lee same way it works fine dk 4 on low swings to 50 on high dk 10 swing to 50 but this connex is a 3300hp-zx and cant find any info but for 3300hp only but dont see any diference other than dual echo knobs and abcdef selecter

have you ran the TX alignment on the radio. it will peak the output. may bring up the dead key if aligned properly.

here is a link to the TX alignment so you can peak it.

Galaxy Radios DX33HP Service Manual

ok followed instructions and aligned but now only have 0.5 dk i contacted person got radio from he said that last person who worked on it was mike from radio active ? he said after that the radio hasnt been swinging right ever since im not sure what to do i run out of money purchasing my amp and 3 element beam and a99 i cant afford to send off to someone smarter than me i really like this radio its the only one i have here id hate to have to give up on it now after purchasing both antennas,amp,coax,mast.guide wire and filters i appreciate all your help

aha got it there 2 boards for the connex3300hp-zx instead of r238 with diode its r40 lift leg toweards front of radio and banded side up to resistor works perfect...radio tech from starelectronicsandcommunications told me how radio dk at 2.5 and swings t0 45 on low dk.. 8 to 45 on high i thought it was supposed to be same on low or hi but guess not anyhow works great hope this helps somebody else out thanks for everybodys help and tips greatly appreciated, Pimphand442..........gone

aha got it there 2 boards for the connex3300hp-zx instead of r238 with diode its r40 lift leg toweards front of radio and banded side up to resistor works perfect...radio tech from starelectronicsandcommunications told me how radio dk at 2.5 and swings t0 45 on low dk.. 8 to 45 on high i thought it was supposed to be same on low or hi but guess not anyhow works great hope this helps somebody else out thanks for everybodys help and tips greatly appreciated, Pimphand442..........gone

thanks for the info. this will help in the future. what board number is in this radio?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.