• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Need Help Deciding.

Mork

Nov 21, 2006
Nfld, Canada
I was planning to buy a 11 meter base radio. I am seriously considering the Galaxy 2547. I then realized I am planning on getting my amature licence. Now the delema. I don't want to pump money into the Galaxy only to have to replace it down the road. Is there a resonably priced base radio available that will cover 10-12 meter with stock setup or easy modification?
Thanks for any help/advice you can offer.

Jim

My suggestion is that if you are going to use a radio for ACTUAL amateur use. Do not buy an export, Hams really dont like it most of the time and they sometimes shun people with them. Ive heard that you can tell very easily. Personally If you do want a 10-12 meter radio. there is the ranger radios. the Rci2995 is a 10-12 meter base station. it is about 564 dollars. It can also go on 11 meters as well with an easy modification.
!BIGRED!
rci2995dx.jpg

http://www.copper.com/cart/product_info.php?products_id=556
Welcome to the forum.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    AKA- UDX122
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.