• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Need help, FT-8800r

DragoSapien

KF5AEJ
Dec 28, 2008
Ft.Stockton, Tx.
I was trying to call in on our local ARES net last night and every time I tried, the others said they can tell that im opening the repeater but that i sound like the audio is turn down cuz they can hardly hear me. They couldn't even make out my call sign. This is the first time iv had this problem. Could someone help me out as to what could be the problem.

Thanks

I know that I have get up on my mic on my Yaesu FT-8800R - as if it were a noise-cancelling mic. You cannot use that mic at an arm's length - you have to have it on your upper lip and talk in a normal voice.

You also have four power levels out on the radio: low, med-low, med-high, and high. Now, the o n l y other thing that could possibly go wrong with an otherwise healthy station - would be a problem with your antenna. Or - perhaps your PL tone is slightly off. But if it something coax gone bad/damaged; you better find it fast before you ruin the final output transistors...

...dos centavos...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.