• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Need help on seleting the right antenna

R

Rcme86

Hi, I'm and brand new to all this CB radio stuff. I just got my first one from my aunt the other day but it is missing the antenna. Its a Cobra 19DX Mobile CB. I have been told cobra's are pretty good. What I'll be mostly using it for is off roading in my B2600 Mazda Pickup, so i can talk to my Buddy's in the other trucks. Since I live in Washington state the trails i drive on have lots of trees and brush. So im thinking im going to want a shorter antenna. Thanks.

And any other advice would be great!

</p>

Since you said you want a shorter antenna...the 102" whip may be taller than what you're looking for. Wilson makes some pretty good magnet mount antennas. There's also fiberglass antennas of varying lengths that will work. I have a 4' Firestik II that I run from time to time that really works pretty good.

Moleculo

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned