• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

need help or info

donnie502nwa

Jul 13, 2009
canehill,ar.
I came up with a henry k-2000 amp. i haven't tried to hook up yet because i would like for it to be checked out it is a steel tube 240v ac. if some one cane send me some info on who can work on these thing and not do me wrong and be straight up.. my email is coker714@hotmail.com

Henry K-2000 ?? Never heard of it. Are you sure it's not a Henry 2K Ultra? The regular 2K or 2KD has glass tubes while the 2K Ultra had an 8873 ceramic tube. No offense but CB'ers are about the only ones that call ceramic tubes steel. They contain no steel at all. What you see is silver plated copper alloy.

As for who may work on it try Radio Dan

http://radiodan.com/

I would second radiodan. I don't know of anyone that sells/works on more Henry equipment than them.

The Henery amp is a sweet one to say the least.I know a guy that just redone one himself ,put it back to basically factory specs,all he done extra was add a modern filter setup to reduce rfi on a 2K model.

He informed me that the amp will do full legal output and not be anywhere close to being maxed out.It took him 3 or 4 months to get it rebuilt but now he has one solid amp that will last him a long time. (y)

best of luck getting your whipped back into shape :)

I came up with a henry k-2000 amp. i haven't tried to hook up yet because i would like for it to be checked out it is a steel tube 240v ac. if some one cane send me some info on who can work on these thing and not do me wrong and be straight up.. my email is coker714@hotmail.com

I also have the henry k-2000 amp and it has a pair of 8873 conduction cooled metal tubes. There weren't very many made by Henry but it was designed to enhance the kenwood ts-520s transciever. The best thing to do is just go ahead and turn it on and let it warm up until the standby timer turns the amp functions on. You can check the voltage , grid or plate idle current and if you are transmitting the relative output via the meter function switch on the front. It will also operate on 110-120 volts if the input wiring is changed around properly. If you didn't get the operation manual with it let me know and i would be glad to scan and send to you my copy. Glad to finally run across another k-2000 owner.
later,
Bob KB5YK

Those tubes are estremly rare. I doubt you will ever be able to replace them. Treat i gentle and you shouyld be alright. Drive like a CB amp, and you will have a nice paperwieght.
Rich

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.