• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

NEED HELP WITH A courier galaxy v (back moding from a split freq mod)

gogo_gadgit

Oct 31, 2009
I picked up a Courier galaxy V a few years ago at a ham fest for 20 bucks and it works really good on regular cb both am and ssb but The guy I bought it off of put a channel mod in it for split freq (27.457 world be 27.452) I want to Convert it to a regular mod to get the regular uppers and lowers, the clarifier wont quite go far enough to put in on the regular freq.

I beleive it has a PLL LC7130 in it.. any help would be greatly apreciated

Does the radio have the standard CB channels in it, plus 27.420-27.860 if the clarifier is at center?

If it has the LC7130 PLL in it, the PLL chip itself can't be modified any other way than the way it's currently modified. The clarifier CAN be modded to slide more than 5kc, but it's not the easiest thing to do. A Galaxy "N" kit might work, but haven't tried it, as I did the only PLL mod I'm aware of, same as how yours is currently done.

If you find a standard PLL mod for it, please let me know, so I can document it in my files for future reference. Thanks!!

Last edited:
yep it has a stpt switch in it, low is 26mhz middle is all of the cb band and the the upper is some of the 27mhz upper channels, its been a while since I've had it hooked up

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated