• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Need help with amp for Magnum s-9

outcast

Jan 1, 2011
Ok guys I really need help selecting an amp to work with my Magnum S-9. I've saved up my money and just want to make sure I'm spending it wisely. My radio swings 50 watts pep on my Dosy meter. Fatboy amps recommends I use a 1 2879 x 4 2879 High Drive. Xforce amps recommends a 1 2290 x 4 2879 and to keep my deadkey and mic gain turned down. Most people on other forums is recommending a straight 4 2879 High Drive. I want something that is going to produce the most clean output power for my money that I can use everyday and be reliable.

since youve got a decent SSB radio there how about a straight 6 TNT and let it cruse

The 4/2879 option is what you should use for that radio, anything with a drive stage will not last.
I just took a G/L out of my truck, it was doing ~45pep driving an X400. Did it that way for about 3 years I think. It would key 280-300 and swing 850-900. With a RK56 and the mic gain pulled back a bit, it sounded awful damn good too.

I just took a G/L out of my truck, it was doing ~45pep driving an X400. Did it that way for about 3 years I think. It would key 280-300 and swing 850-900. With a RK56 and the mic gain pulled back a bit, it sounded awful damn good too.

4/2879's in reality should only be producing between 400 and 500 watts pep, sorry I'm not impressed or embarrassed.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.