• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Need help with oscilliscope hook-ups for cb

You can find small jumpers with bnc's on both ends pretty easily. I think radio shack probably even has a few. I doubt they'll carry the BNC connectors that go on RG8, though

I found a set-up that has a bnc connector with binding posts on e-bay. Could I just hook my probes onto the positive and negative posts and sample that way, or am I better off getting a jumper wire with 2 bnc jacks on it. Thanks beetle, I was not thinking of the gauge on that cable and really need the RG 58/59, thanks.

I made an RF sampler a few years ago for the same purpose. It's really simple. Here's how you do it:

http://www.worldwidedx.com/home-brew-mods/32110-rf-sampler.html#post128499

Finally finished my sampler construction this past weekend, based mine on the example you provided only without the ferrite coil, cause none of the 3 Rat Shacks in our area could accomidate. Unfortunately Rat Shack is all that's left...but that's another story.

Works just fine for the freq counter, Thanks for the photos

Next project is to build one from a coax T fitting with a BNC adapter for the scope.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.