• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Need help

KR6CKT

Jan 4, 2013
(South) Whittier, CA
OK, I need some help. I'm completely buried in the shadow of the Whittier hills from Sunset Ridge. Can someone throw me a bone so I can participate (from Whittier)?

kr6ckt@gmail.com (send email, do not respond here.)

I appreciate it. (Not wanting to be a remote whore - just no way for me to get in while in my home area.)

- Tom (the guy who took all those pictures at GK's antenna party)

Hey Tom!

I take it you can hear it, but can't get in to it?

There's a series of 2 meter inputs coming, all on the same frequency with different PL's on the different receivers. Pretty high tech deal that will send them to "the hill" on 5.4Ghz and they'll come out on the 440 machine. They should start popping up in a couple of weeks with one of the first being near the 57/91 junction, which should be a snap for you.

In the mean time, let me rattle DTO's cage and see if we can't get you an input to his remote. If you can hear the 440 machine, that should work as a short term fix for you.

Mark/PMG

Reactions: 1 person
Thx Mark! Yeah, I can hear the repeater, but I have problems even ker-chunking it. At times the repeater is scratchy but it will clear up depending on conditions. (Yeah, I'm even right at that edge of THAT envelope.)

I looked up the location on Google Earth and I *should* be OK from the 57/91. Any further north and I'm in the shadow of the Fullerton Hills. (Pretty much blocked from Anaheim...)

That's the consequenses I get for living close to the hills. (Which is pretty much anywhere on this side of the basin... ) :headbang:

'Preciate you following up on this.

- Tom

Hi Tom,

Send me an email at kg6ypa@gmail and I will send you the input for running springs. May be you can get in that way.

I just checked the path from your place to mine, unfortunately i dont think you will be able to hit my remote. My call @yahoo if you wanna give it a try.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.