• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Need Hep fer mod on Galaxy Deskcho Mic

Wire Weasel

Senior Moment
Dec 13, 2008
Hey dudes...hep me pump up my jam homey on thissy here Galaxy Echo Talk Lock Roger Beep Desk Microphone.

And while I got ya. Let's bitch some about the redonkolously long name this squawker has
171.gif
Why din't they just called it a Galaxy BaseBlaster 2000 or something and be done with it. But no...we are made to suffer like this :thumbdown:

Sos anywho... I was tickled the other day when I did the easy mod on making the r beep longer on my Gal. DX 959. This mod on cbtricks. Just changeout one small axial capacitor. So I wants to do the same thing with the RB on my infernal Galaxy Echo Talk Lock Roger Beep Desk Microphone
vahidrk1.gif

Would like to make the beep a bit longer and maybe a tad louder. There's LOTS of circuitry on this mic's board. Has anyone worked on one of these goobers and knows which parts to change to effect the beeper?

Thanks!
interview.gif

Last edited:

No can find schematics anywhere
297.gif
Meester Googlegirlyman no can find black majik mod info
laie_14.gif
whereforeth the Weasel seeks
gaah.gif
The gains of the day...in db's or otherwise....remain elusive. This one badly named
25r30wi.gif
fruity ass black tank of a milky licker desk mic with a chrome snout....is going to single handedly bring down the united federation radio people's... thingy...you know...all of us. That radio stuff we do. We've been toasted by ChinoMics. Alas my sons, beateneth back by a wee microphone
interview.gif
the humiliation of which shall be carved on yer graves by the ghost of General Electric hisself
devil.gif
....yaarrrrgh

have a nice day
4869.gif

Last edited:
WW can't help w/the beep mod but here's what I did to my mic to shorten that gawdy boom. Hope the pic shows up? Never tried uploadin a pic before :)

Attachments

• Bud Mic.jpg
    Bud Mic.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 63
I've installed a noise toys in them, added a jack and switch for external studio microphone use, replaced the LEDs with blue ones, added a LED to back light the meter to change from blue to red on transmit, but, I have never gone as far as playing with the roger beep. I have even added echo to the mics that don't come with it, and added 5 tone roger beep boards to them... now I guess I'll have to go play with the factory roger beep...

Thanks for the comments bro. I tried replacing all of the 2.2uf aluminum can axial caps in it with larger ones but none of those were apparently concerned with the RBeep. It's probably one of the ceramic disk caps next to one of the chips but there are many of them too and geez there must be like 8 chips scattered around on the board. Can't spend whole life replacing every single cap in the thing....way too many!

dont expect any help from ol dodgem.

notice how he resurrected your old thread, but didnt really say anything.
just let everyone know he has worked on those mics.

if he wanted to help, he could have taken a look at a schematic and given you some advice, but thats not what he's here for.

he takes old threads, and posts to them, never helping with the problem.
he does it to advertise his CB shop.

he's been doing this here forever and a day, and when we call him on it he leaves for a while.

just so no one thinks this post is a troll; you are probably looking for an electrolytic capacitor between 10-100uF to change for the beep length.
the schematic for the sadelta should be very close to your mic.
i would trace the PC board traces from the roger beep switch until you reach a cirtcuit that has an electrolytic cap in this range, and try increasing its value.
if its 10, try 47uF.
if its 100 try 470uF.

good luck,
LC

Okay LC, Comments noted.

I started with the 2.2uf caps as a shot in the dark. I choose those because the factory beep caps that control the duration in Galaxy radios are 2.2's.

I tried tracing the circuit back from the RB Switch but it didn't clearly get me anywhere. I haven't been able to find a schematic on this mic anywhere. Is there one for the earlier and similar Sadelta anywhere on the net?

Thanks!

i think the link provided by grimace earlier in the thread are for the sadelta echo master mic, and i believe its quite similar to the galaxy echo mic.

here is the link again just in case:
CBTricks Sadelta Microphones

since you have the mic in front of you, maybe you can tell if that schem is close to what you have.
LC

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.