• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

need mic for Galaxy V mark II

cobrian

Mar 14, 2012
Hello my fellow ionsurfers,

First...
I hope that we take time to remember this Memorial Day and
all the silent keys and great ppl who have touch our lives on this plane and moved on.
...having had said that I need to tap into the knowlege base of this forum.

Specifically I have come into the possession of a old Galaxy V Mark II radio that goes from 10 mtrs to 80 mtrs that I need checked out. My problem is that I was not given the MIC with it .

The somewhat rare mic plug is a type S-260 or old mil type PL68 or PJ-068. These appear very similar to the 1/4" RCA Phono pluge except they are 3/16" in diameter.They are 3 pin connections. According to the online manual the plug is tip PTT, the band Audio and the barrel (shaft?) Ground.

I would like to find a common eazily substituted mic and add a 3/16" plug to it. Not sure if dynamic, electret or what type would work? thx you all for your inputs or tips.
cobrian

Duh, sorry I should have posted this in the rich Meter and Mic forum. Still not completey familiar with all the forums on site. thx all, cobrian

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated