• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Need mic help Thank You

TD126

Oct 18, 2013
I have a "passel" of mics and radios for that matter. I have yet to find a good all purpose mic that sounds good for the way I have to "do" while talking...here goes, I have tried noise cancelling. IF I get just an inch or two away from these type no one can hear me....Then I use a stock mike for Radios (Normally all Rangers, RCI 2980, RCI 2995, Ranger VR9000....and once in a while a Galaxy 2547). These mics work great, have that Hi-Fi studio sound that I want with none of this scratchy over-modulation sound that makes me wanna just...well you know. However, if I do not hold the mics perfectly in 3-4 inches away, at a perfect angle they will cut completely out...Now, I have a Turner +3, It does fair but has the over-modulated sound. I can't turn it down past 1/4 round due to the switch not working properly. I have a Silver Eagle D-104 going to Grinch Radio for a total rebuild. I am hoping it will be great and I can send the +3 to them too. It is very irritating to say the least as when I "Talk" on the CB, HAM or whatever I have to stay perfectly still. I have a lot of paperwork to do, financial matters etc to tend to and can't talk while I am doing....any suggestions will be appreciated.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.