• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Need Midland 79-290 Service Manual

Thanks for the service manual Sonoma. It helped with some things but it does not contain the alignment procedures for SSB. The manual is lacking a lot. Does anyone have more information on aligning these radios?

that is all the manual has on it. you have to figure it out with the formulas they have in it. it is very confusing since no one ever set down and translated it. here is some notes I had made on my manual years ago. to long ago so not sure how acurate it is. look inside the radio and see if they match, I think the info is right.

am power VR3
amc ( am mod level) VR11
alc ( ssb power) vr8
tx meter adjust VR7
S meter adj am and ssb VR1
squelch threshold VR12
TX only adjustment vr5
AM/USB/LSB OSC ADJUSTMENTS T16-T15-T14

hope this helps. all I can find on that radio. not much was ever put out on it for some reason. maybe some one else will have more on it. I have only seen maybe 2 of this in 15 years. my buddy has been in business at his shop for over 40 years and he has never seen one of these radios.

Can anyone help me with information on how to fix a dim display for my midland 79-290? Everything else works fine it just does not . Its just very dim. Thank you.

Before I ask for the service manual for my 79-290, does anyone know if it has the wiring layout for the 4-pin connector of the mic? The 4-pin connector completely disconnected from the wiring, and I don't know what wire goes where to solder it back up.
I even contacted Midland directly, and they said that they no longer offer a replacement mic for this unit, which makes no sense to me, but oh well.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated