• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Need replacement foam.

morseguy

Jun 16, 2013
Earth
I need a suitable form of replacement foam rubber that goes behind the screen of an Astatic 575-m6.
Any ideas? Something I can buy locally.

Thanks for the help. I already saw that thread and can't find that product locally.
Although today I was in my local Lowes, and bought a sheet of Frost King Air Conditioner Filter Foam. I looks like it might work. It is open cell a says 3/16 of an inch thick, but seems more like 1/8, which might actually be better.

Thanks for the help. I already saw that thread and can't find that product locally.
Although today I was in my local Lowes, and bought a sheet of Frost King Air Conditioner Filter Foam. I looks like it might work. It is open cell a says 3/16 of an inch thick, but seems more like 1/8, which might actually be better.

Use just enough to keep dirt out of the evaporator otherwise she'll ice up. :laugh:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.