• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

need small cb with wx.

trailrider

Jul 22, 2012
as a noob here maybe someone can help me with a question. I have a 2002 dodge pick-up. now these come with a hole in the dash to store things. but i never use it. so i want to use this space to put a small cb with a weather band in there. living on the gulf coast it really comes in handy. my cobra 29 and my uniden 78 both have weather but they are just too big to fit in this hole. I have a maxon mcb45w that will fit' does anyone think this radio is worth the effort to wire in??? or what other small cb radios with weather options are there??? thanks in advance.

I had one of them and really liked it. It was in an old 84 Sierra p/u I had, running a steel whip. You might get some nasty fuel pump noise, but if I already had it like you do now, I'd go ahead and mount it.

My dad took the radio when I sold the truck. He had it hooked up in his RV and used an old loaded back of set antenna. Most dudes would shun the radio, but hey, I thought it was pretty handy.

thank you for the reply. i don't even remember where i got this radio i've had it in the closet for so many years. and it's not something i'm going to use everyday. now i could mount one of my bigger radios somewhere else in my truck' but living in houston things tend to dissapear alot. that's one reason i wanted to go with a small cheap radio.

Cobra 75 WX. It's a CB that has half the guts in a mic, the other half in a little box that hides under the dash or under the seat. It gives you all 40 channels plus it has weather too.

thanks for all the suggestions. i'm really leaning towards something black to blend in with my dash. less noticable than the chrome on a cobra. i could always take a magic marker to the chrome though. lol i'm really a fan of cobra radios and as bad as it pains me to say it' the cobra 18 looks like it might fit just about perfect in that hole. never though the day would come that i might consider buying a cobra 18. but it's a special project.:D

if you can find any chrome on the Cobra75 wxst you put it there yourself
i had one for a bit but wanted something with a little more ummpphhhh so sold it off
you could run it and still keep your dash free for whatever, even a second smaller chassis radio for DX

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.