1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

Need some advice on value

Discussion in 'CB Radio Gear SwapShop' started by Greg T, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Greg T

Greg T 945 (Jazz Singer) Upper Peninsula of Michigan

Howdy folks! I have a chance to purchase a few items but not sure of their real worth.

1.) A uniden Grant AM/SSB looks to be nice.
    2.) XForce 20012 base amp. Also nice
    3.) Tripp Lite 15A psu
    4.) Dosy FC50 freq counter
    5.) Palomar model 500 meter

Everything was supposedly working when the guy assumed room temperature. Any idea what to offer? Would $300 or $350 be about right?

Thanx much!

2. w9cll

w9cll W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member

I can't help much on the prices but for me the only thing on the list worth getting is the Grant an possibly the power supply but see my comment below on that.

The amp to me is worthless but if its your thing then before you purchase I would have the seller show you its output into a dummy load only. I am not at all familiar with that model and I could be 100% wrong but I believe its a class C amp and if you run SSB it will sound like crap.

The power supply is good but its only 15 amps, I personally would pass on it and get a larger amperage supply.

The frequency counter and the meter I would pass on unless you can get them very cheap. There are much better units out there that can be had cheap.

I will bow to the 11 meter ops to give you better idea but that was my $.02.

L2, 357magnum, Greg T and 1 other person like this.
  3. Greg T

Well, I neither want nor need the stuff. I just want to help out the guy's widow and take it off of her hands, but I want to resell the stuff and maybe keep one item for my troubles. She stated it's all or nothing and I can understand that.

357magnum likes this.
  4. w9cll

Ahh you never said that. I am.someone on here will give you a better idea of what its all worth.

5. Greg T

Also, I blew the4 pix up and see that the amp does have an SSB switch on it. Maybe that helps?

357magnum likes this.
  6. w9cll

The ssb switch is there only to introduce a delay in the relays for proper SSB work. Without it you here the relays popping on and off as you talk

357magnum likes this.
  7. Greg T

Yup. I know that, but does it change the biasing for SSB, too? I know mnothing about these xforce amps except that when the original guy sold out they turned to junk. Or, I've heard.

357magnum likes this.
  8. w9cll

I admittedly I am not an amp expert, as a ham I honestly never needed one.

9. Greg T

Well, so much for that deal. The lady wants $1000 for the stuff. I'm out.

10. 999

999 Well-Known Member

If it all works, that is probably a fair price for it.
    The radio (if clean) is about $200
    The meter....$60-80
    The power supply.....$40
    The counter.....$50
    The amp is where the money is. That should be a 6 pill with a power supply (could be either iron or switchers) and should fetch $800. Could be more if it has Toshiba transistors in it.

So you could possibly make about $200 if you want to try and flip the stuff... maybe more. You never know.

11. Greg T

From everything I've seen the 20012hd is a 2 pill base that puts out about 300 watts. The radio is not the export model. Just AM/SSB, no 10 meter or FM. I see them regularly for 60 bux. If that amp is indeed a 6 pill I would be interested. But I have not seen that anywhere.

12. 9C1Driver

9C1Driver Sr. Member

No, the X-Force 200-12 base amplifier is a 2 pill 2879 final amplifier that plugs into a 120 outlet. If it works as it should it's worth 300-450 by itself. It is not a 6 pill.

13. 9C1Driver

9C1Driver Sr. Member

As far as the Uniden Grant goes. From what you said it probably is a Uniden Grant xl or lt. That would make it a 40 channel cb set not an export radio. Still a very nice cb radio.

Greg T likes this.
  14. 999

999 Well-Known Member

Well I got my boxes mixed up. Derp.

15. Greg T

I received these images. Not great, but gives an idea of what stuff is.:

Attached Files: