• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Need some help with a mic socket project

You just pump it into the audio line. That said it is the worst place to inject. Why you ask? The audio on the mic jack has to go through filter sections so while you can do it it is not the best place to inject a signal in my opinion. That said it has been done that way forever and a day. Luckily a 1000 cycle tone is not that bad in terms of filtering it normaly passes through no problem as does a dual tone for SSB. If that is what you mean you will be fine. I am sure you have hard of direct inject? The reason for that is to avoid the audio filtering that would be present if you injected the signal at the mic jack! Cheers!

It is also a bad idea simply because it is extremely easy to hit the radio with too much audio. Microphone levels are very very low while most test gear, or any audio gear actually, has an output 30-40 dB higher than what a microphone input requires.

Reactions: kaos513

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated