• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

need some help with Cobra 142gtl rf out put and receive ishues

gogo_gadgit

Oct 31, 2009
I am having a few ishues with a cobra 142gtl and I fixed the radio with help from this fourm before so I'm hoping the experts can help me out again

On am the radio dosn't receive anything, and i get feedback off the mic witht he volume only on a quarter, and also the radio isn't tuned up and it puts out 15watss on am when the mic is keyed.

on ssb it dosn't transmitte anything on lsb or usb. However it recevies awsome like a 142 should.

I have to mention a few years ago i had some problems with the switching circut and I replaced mb3756 ic; and I must of acidently missed to hook up a wire or it broke of do to a bad solder joint but i have a short black wire about an inch lond that is disconnected from some where. The wire is located near the mb3756. I'm haven a hard time tracing the location of this wire on the schmatic.

When i key up the mic the xmit lite does light up and on am does put up rf power (even tho its 15watts)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.