• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

need some help

ALFRED56

Dec 2, 2012
NNJ
i have a 98vhp installed in my 84 f150 i am picking up noise that is so bad that i get no signal when truck is running. i have an electric fuel pump msd 6al2 and a mallory unilight the noise is coming from power side and is driving me nuts. i have tail pipes grounded about 11in from end and tried grounding the radio its self did not help changed plug wires and helped a little but not much need some help or radio is going to come out thanks for help sorry if in wrong section

I had an 86 Ford f 150 pickup that had a serious noise problem,as long as the truck was shut off it was all good,but start up the truck and it was really bad.I ended up putting a filter in line on the power wire for the radio and that took care of it....

problem is i need 8agw wire to radio for it to run correctly

they use to make one that you could order for this and it had a large wire on it. have you pulled the coax out of the radio when it is making this noise to verify all of it is coming in on the power wire. if it drops you also have some coming in through the antenna. do you have the ground and hot wires going to the battery. also try twisting the power wires where they feed to the radio and see if it helps dissipate some of the static also.

problem is i need 8agw wire to radio for it to run correctly

That's not a problem, #6 wire might even be better. The 98 is a beast of an amperage hog and needs at least #8 direct to the battery. Some vehicle's have issues and you will have to address the problem at the source. If the noise is from the fuel pump then a filter will have to be installed at the fuel pump. If it's the ignition system then a filter at that point. If the sound is riding in through the coax there is nothing you will be able to do.

drops a little but most of it is power side i have two firite cores from radio shack but will try twisting them. the filter could you post a link to one for me i would like to get a good one

drops a little but most of it is power side i have two firite cores from radio shack but will try twisting them. the filter could you post a link to one for me i would like to get a good one

you need to have the truck running and see if any of the noise goes away when you unhook the antenna. if it is coming through the antenna no noise eliminator will help.

Run BOTH positive and negative to the battery directly. Then a GOOD power noise eliminator will help. Depending on the noise, fuel pump, PCM, some vehicles electric coolong fan, alternator whine...there are other things you can do as well. Do you happen to know what kind of noise you are having trouble with? If so I am sure we can all give you suggestions that will help.

Is the noise filter for Cb or other electronics caudal Cb draws close to 50 amps.? Excuse my lack of knowing. Have not had noise problems this bad in any other car

ok so small up date grounded alt case to frame and cab corners to frame cleaned all grounds on frame and put a filter on fuel pump that noise is gone any other ideas

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.