• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Need some info from all you hams out there!!!

211 in tha mag

Apr 11, 2005
Im stuck AGAIN! Im going to get a mobile and wanted to see what yall think is the better one of the 3!

Icom 706MKIIG

Yaesu Ft-100D

Yaesu Ft- 897

If yall can think of a better mobile than these, let me know! I am planning on getting one at the end of next week!!!

lincoln2.bmp

"CDX-401"</p>

'211',

I've only had experience with one of the radios you listed.

It worked well and did exactly what it was supposed to

do. I also only 'do' HF mobile, no VHF stuff at all, so my

first pick wouldn't be any of the three since I wouldn't need

the VHF capabilities. Guess it just boils down to which

one of the radios do you like. Not much help, huh?

- 'Doc

</p>

LOL, yea, but i am leaning on the 706 for a while, but i wonder if it can be moded to get 11 and 12 meter band's in it!

lincoln2.bmp

"CDX-401"</p>

Ok! great! It was nice talking to you as well, you are a super nice fellow! I am going to get my stuff from HRO! I find them to be one of the best out there!!

lincoln2.bmp

"CDX-401"</p>

i am going with the Icom 706MKIIG! It has been tough to decide! I have looked at all angles, and i have finally did it! I had these to choose from!

Kenwood Ts-50s

Icom IC- 706MKIIG

Yaesu Ft-897

Yaesu Ft- 100D

KNOW!!!!! i am going to have to find my perfect base! OHHH BOY! I think it will be the Kenwood Ts-2000! I would like to get the YaesuFT-1000D, but i dont like the idea of Paying $4500 for a rig when i can be just as happy with the Kenwood!!

lincoln2.bmp

"CDX-401"</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.