• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Need to hide antennas

Talked to zl1pwr the other day he had been working several US stations on his attic dipole and ts-520s He has a single story house 18' high at the apex of the roof.If there is a will there is a way.

I heard a guy today tag OT4A from the US using an inverted V in his attic. Any antenna is better than NO antenna. :)

Brett

Thanks all... I am going to use a G5RV Jr antenna and put it just under the eves of the house where no one can see it... There is a single tree in the yard which will hide my J-Pole perfectly :eek:)
Thanks again for all the help...

Reactions: 1 person
Thanks all... I am going to use a G5RV Jr antenna and put it just under the eves of the house where no one can see it... There is a single tree in the yard which will hide my J-Pole perfectly :eek:)

Cool beans. I bought a G5RV, but can't hang it right and especially can't hide the ladder line. Good luck, and hope to catch you on the air!

Brett

You can't beat this for stealthy.

Attachments

• twinkie.jpg
    twinkie.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 174
Hello all.. I live in NY and rent a house. I am lucky that my landlord let me put up a 6 meter beam and a Gr5v Jr. antenna. I will be moving to NC soon and unfortunately the landlord there does not want antennas. I will be moving into a ranch style house. Any suggestions on what I can use for antennas that I can hide. I am mainly on 2, 6, and 10 meter. Thanks.. John KC2PRB

try making a NVIS style antenna . or run a horizontal dipole .
and ask if running an antenna that is not attached yo the house would be acceptable.

I would have just put an antenna up vs asking to in advance . most landlords will say no if asked in advance , and would probably not have said anything if was put up after moved in .

I would not want to give him my money if my hobby was infringed.

If you are talking an original 102 foot G5RV I would never use that for a 10 meter antenna.

If it is the 51 foot "half size" G5RV that is a lot of wire for a stealth installation. Also keep in mind that the 450 ohm matching section can't be coiled up or laying on the ground.

For a low visibility 10 meter antenna just go with a coax feed single band 10 meter dipole. Much smaller and the coax is easier to work with.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.