• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Need your oppinion

Quickstop

Sep 1, 2005
I have a sick HR-2510, it is 12 yrs old and if i can not get it fixed, i am going to buy a new one,( CB I mean ) what is the cloese radio out there that is close to a 2510, and it has to be mobile, i am looking at the Midland 290 , or a Galaxy DX 959, i would really like to get a 2950, but i am told the new ones can not be converted to go 11 metre, When i say it has to be mobile , I mean it has to be taken in and out of a transport every day, never get the same truck twice. now you can see what made my HR-2510 sick. motion sickness

A 2950 can be converted to 11 meters but dont buy one for what you have in mind,they do not take well to a lot of vibartion.I have had 3 of em over the years as a trucker and all of em broke on me,cracked boards,busted led display's stuff that costs more than the radio is worth to fix.They say the new DX 2950's are better but i will never own another one!You may want to look on ebay.I think there is one of the 2510's on there now.

The Lincoln is it made by uniden too,? and is it a brand new radio
? i didn't think they still made that style of radio anymore. I would love to buy another one like my 2510. it is one Kick Ass Radio. I can not say anything bad about it , for what it has been through I should feel lucky i got 12 yrs out of it. do you know of any radio stores in Canada that sell that radio. ? as i do not get the chance to cross the borders any more with a truck.
Thanks

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.