• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

negative feedback + mosfet drain coil

9Lives

Oct 3, 2012
Hello everyone, I decided to combine these 2 questions just to hear the opinions of smarter people than me.
Has anyone ever experimented with nfb on the final section of radios? I was watching a video about parasitic oscillations and fascinated me what might be happening that I can't see on my 30mhz scope. I know that putting a ferrite bad on the gate leg but I don't want to stick random beads on there. Also the famous debate of wether nfb helps or hurts harmonic distortion. If I wanted to experiment with this is it safe? And should I do it on each individual fet or a global style fb going all the way back to the predriver?

My other question is about the effects of inductor on drain/collector. It's hard to find info in this specific matter. Does it actually "choke " current from the device preventing it from drawing current? And if I'm totally of track, what are the effects of changing this value. Please bear with me guys. I'm completely self taught. I'm working on getting my ham licence/school for electronics. Any opinions greatly valued.

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.