• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New 1/4 wave veritical Jay_in_the_Mojave Antenna?

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
I heard from a reliable source that Jay has recently been making regular 1/4 wave ground plane radial antennas similar to the Starduster for a few different bands and supplying them for a little while now to a few distributors? The price I heard was around $129 (don't quote me on that) for an 11m antenna that was built with the same quality as his I10K. I see there is no mention of them on his website, but I'm thinking that someone may know about this? Maybe we can get some word directly from the source? (hint, hint :D)

interesting . i look forward to pics .

i hope we will see some quality comparisons between the i10k and the new 1/4 wave .
comparisons between it and the merlin will surely result in many threads , maybe even a banning or two . LOL

it will be interesting to see the results though , and ill let you know up front it will take more than a hand full of comparisions saying which is better (since individual installations and locations will affect their performance) befor i decide for myself which is better . i dont expect it to beat a 5/8 , be it a maco or the jays i10k , across the board . i also dont expect 12 and 18 db gain claims......well , not from folks using accurate equipment . not everyone can or wants to have a big 5/8 on the house these smaller antennas are easier on the eyes and installation .

lets also keep in mind this antenna isnt offically offered from jay yet . hes built antennas befor that folks talked about but decided it wasnt good enough to put his name on . time will tell if this meets his criteria .

never said i was banned .

1/4 wave ground plane antenna

Hello All:

Ok got a few e-mails on this subject. I have built a few of the 1/4 Wavelength Ground Plane Antennas. I was aked by the local hams for a 10 meter 1/4 wave antenna for a beacon transmitter. Because the 10 meter band is dead like the 11 meter band, the locals srated talking on the local AM Channel with the 1/4 wave antenna.

As more requests come in I am looking at making a production run.

Jay in the Mojave

Jay,
Why not? Kind'a doubt if you'll make a fortune from them, but it might take up some of that free time you have, right? Paint them pink, or 'desert pink'? ;)
- 'Doc

saw this on another forum saying you sent it jay .
http://www.mauldroppers.com/showthread.php?t=2071&page=2

.....................................................................................................

"this just in. This is a email responce from Jay in the mojave about the 1/4 wave. notice he is reporting gain that booty monster has already said should not happen.

Yes I have made 1/4 wavelength ground plane antennas, as prototypes and
for comparison testing against other brands.

I sold these 1/4 wavelength antennas for 129.00 dollars plus shipping.

Our test results showed the Interceptor 10K 1/4 Wave nosing ahead of
other 5/8 wavelength none ground plane antennas.

So here a few photos. The very large I-10K is 41 feet tall on a tower
with 16 foot ground plane radials. Not what you want I am sure.

I have not read whats in the forum as yet. But yea I do plan on making
a production run of the smaller antennas.

Jay"

......................................................................................................

do you plan to do any test or can you test using a maco5/8 or some other 5/8 with radials/ground plane ?

thanks

I'd sure like to see a pic of the 1/4 wave ground plane, I've always been
a fan of those types of antenna's. Where can I see a pic at ?
Who sells them ? Thanks in advance.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.