• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New 2 Me Used AT6666 is this Correct?

You can see that the voltage regulator has been swapped out prob. max mod. Thermal Paste all over the place so any place you see that it has been modded. I noticed some caps replaced as well!

As to the fan running all the time that is a good thing if you use the radio and talk a lot. It is not hard to put in a thermal switch but why? I do not like waiting for my parts to get hot to start cooling things off.

You might want to add a voltage regulator and seperate power supply to the fan so it runs at a constant speed independent of what the radio is demanding. This way it does not slow down when the radio is being used the hardest.

On the mic front just say no to the redneck microphone safari you will be hard pressed to do better than the factory mic. You will need to build your own mic or modify mic's to do any better. Off the shelf mics targeted at CB'er's will sound like garbage!

Good Luck hope she runs 10-8 and Great for you! I would not mind one myself!

id left fan on that. i hope it works fine for you.
i never get excited about the kitchen table mods. but anyhow hope you get your moneys worth

Reactions: RoadRanger

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.