• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

NEW 706mk2g.

Jun 22, 2008
n.w. oregon
Well a few days ago i got my new icom 706mk2g from HRO radio. its smaller than i thought but seems extremely well made. i got the mobile bracket,carry handle, 8 pin to modular cable and i got the 1.9 ssb filter on order. so far ive had it hooked to my imax 2000 and have been just listening to the 11 meter band and getting used to the menu. im going to order a discone antenna for the #2 antenna spot.ill open it up and see about the extended tx range mod when the filter gets here. so far i really like it. (y)

Well a few days ago i got my new icom 706mk2g from HRO radio. its smaller than i thought but seems extremely well made. i got the mobile bracket,carry handle, 8 pin to modular cable and i got the 1.9 ssb filter on order. so far ive had it hooked to my imax 2000 and have been just listening to the 11 meter band and getting used to the menu. im going to order a discone antenna for the #2 antenna spot.ill open it up and see about the extended tx range mod when the filter gets here. so far i really like it. (y)

Yeah it is a nice radio, I am sure you will enjoy it.

Be careful when you modify it, there are a few different mods out there and only one is the correct mod

happy_hamer, thanx. the mod i was going to do i got from guys on this forum. it is to remove the diod d-2030 off of the ic chip 4052c-8b99.. is this correct for the extended tx .??? in a google search this is what is said for the 706mk2g. the 706mk2 was different.

Last edited:
happy_hamer, thanx. the mod i was going to do i got from guys on this forum. it is to remove the diod d-2030 off of the ic chip 4052c-8b99.. is this correct for the extended tx .??? in a google search this is what is said for the 706mk2g. the 706mk was different.
Who did the 11 meter mod for that radio?

havnt done it yet. more than one person on here said this was the mod. and i googled it and this is one i ran across on the google search. kb2ljj.com, the 706mk2 is different than the 706mk2g. but most said the same thing for the extended tx mod.11 meter mod for icom 706mk2g

happy_hamer, thanx. the mod i was going to do i got from guys on this forum. it is to remove the diod d-2030 off of the ic chip 4052c-8b99.. is this correct for the extended tx .??? in a google search this is what is said for the 706mk2g. the 706mk2 was different.

yes that is the one.

Attachments

• ic-706dioda.gif
    ic-706dioda.gif
    3.1 KB · Views: 187
  • ic-706_frq-3.jpg
    ic-706_frq-3.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 176

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.