• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Addition TL-922

W1MSG

Now W1MSG
May 9, 2010
MA
Well a friend of mine decided to part with a beautiful TL-922 which has had all of the mods done to it, if its out there its been done. It will do a full 1600+ into a dummy load. Just a really fine piece of equipment and looks awesome in the shack ..

New Amp 922 resize.jpg

I am using an ARB-704 to interface with my Flex SDR-1000 and it works perfectly I get right at Legal Limit with 85 Watts of drive.

Here is the list of all the Mods:

10m Mod
New Band Switch
2 New Matched 3-500ZG Tubes
AG6K Parasitic suppressors
Glitcg Resistor Mod
ECBS Mod
QSK Vacuum Relay Mod
Filament Voltage Mod
Grid Fuse Mod
Step Start in-rush current limiter.
It also has new higher value capacitors

I just couldnt pass this one up.

Although those mods do indeed make it better than he original, I would still rather have the Henry amp. Henry seems to build them better at the start with heavier components. In any event the TL-922 you have now with all those mods is definitely a fine amp. A pair of 3-500Z's is amoung my choice fo amps.

As a quick tip; I wouldn't put anything on top of it. Doesn't matter too much. But I would want to ensure it running cool . . . Just noticed the pic . . .

Actually the top stays cool as a cucumber. I have my DL2K Dummy Load and a SWR Meter, both sides are completely vented and the fan vents out the back. The whole thing seems really cool with the exception of the exhaust air hehe.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.